cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Irfan Hamid <irfan.ha...@enst.fr>
Subject Re: cocoon install
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:14:26 GMT
I got the same problem today in a lab totally unrelated to cocoon. There
were alot of environment variables to setup. So I wrote a script so I
wouldn't have to go through typing them every time I opened an xterm.
But it didn't seem to work. It would work fine if I exported them one by
one from the command line but if I tried running my shell script it give
me the exact same "is not an identifier" error.

I couldn't figure it out so would be good if someone can identify the
problem.

Regards,
Irfan.

Pablo Garaitonandia wrote:

> Hi guys,
>    I am trying to install cocoon and I am having no luck. I am running
> Solaris 8 sparc I am guessing that there is something goofy with the
> build.sh every time
> I try to install I get the following
>
> [root@or3 /usr/local/src/cocoon-2.1.5]# ./build.sh
> ./build.sh: ANT_HOME=tools: is not an identifier
>

> I set all my environment variables correctly and I tried to edit the
> build.sh with no luck
>
> CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19
> CLASSPATH=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_02/lib:/usr/local/ant/lib
> ANT_HOME=/usr/local/ant
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_02
> PATH=/usr/local/ant/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/opt/local/lib:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/ucb:/usr/lib/sparcv9:/usr/lib:/opt/local/bin/mozilla:/usr/local/vnc:/usr/local/scripts:/usr/local/Openssh/bin:/usr/local/scripts/bin

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -Pablo

MSc student
Department of Computer Science and Networks
Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications
46, rue Barrault
Paris 75013
Email: irfan.hamid@enst.fr
Phone: +33 (0)1 45 81 85 43