cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Problem running Cocoon 2.0.4 with Tomcat 5.0.25
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 04:05:11 GMT
Irfan Hamid wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried installing and configuring Cocoon to work with Tomcat. On
> the Cocoon project website's installation guide there are no
> instructions for using Cocoon with Tomcat 5. So I copied the cocoon.war
> file to the webapps folder of Tomcat and restarted Tomcat. I get the
> following error message in my browser:
>
> "HTTP Status 404 - Servlet Cocoon2 is not available"
>
> And a folder cocoon2 is created in my Tomcat webapps folder.
>
> Can anyone help me out here, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hmm, is there stuff in the Cocoon directory?

Usually when you drop a .war file into Tomcat's directory, it will auto-deploy
the app.  Try stopping Tomcat, deleting the Cocoon directory, and starting
Tomcat with the .war file in the correct place.

Also, you could try using Cocoon 2.1.5 if possible :)

Tony