cocoon-users mailing list archives

From adrian.dimule...@free.fr
Subject Re: Cocoon hosting config hints
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 13:39:17 GMT
Thanks for your answer; I am not sure that I quite understood it, though:(

To detail my question, say you try this:

http://mycocoonhost/  mapped to http://localhost:8080/cocoon/myapp/

provided that /etc/hosts contains, just as you said:

127.0.0.1 localhost mycocoonhost

(the two names refer to the same local IP).

The configuration in the httpd.conf should then be something like:

<VirtualHost *>
	ServerName mycocoonhost
	ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/cocoon/myapp/
	ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/cocoon/myapp/
</VirtualHost>

Let's also say that /cocoon/myapp is a webapp using cookies to store
HttpSession state. A cookie generated at the first visit by myapp would be:

Set-Cookie: foo=bar; path=/cocoon/myapp; expires Mon, 09-Dec-2004
13:46:00 GMT

The browser gets this cookie. Next time it accesses the webapp, as the
path the browser sees is NOT /coocon/myapp but simply / , it would NOT
send the cookie, so the user will never get to maintain http state.

I am sorry if your example was explaining just this, please bear with me :)

Thanks again,
Adrian.