cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Cocoon 2.1.5 - javaflow problem - solved!
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:44:58 GMT
Hi guys,

 I had the following problem:

  "Cocoon 2.1.5 java-flow block doesn't reload .class files"

The result of that was that each time I made a modification to a class
file of my web application, I had to restart Cocoon.
Here's how I solved the problem:

 I modified the "JavaInterpreter.java" file in order for Cocoon to reload
 a .class file when it detects a modification in time.
 Please, read the following instructions:

 1. Before running Cocoon, you need to set the environment variable
     COCOON_HOME to the absolute path of your installation.
     I'm using a batch file with the following content:

        set COCOON_HOME="D:\Programmi\cocoon\cocoon-2.1.53"
        cocoon servlet

     Cocoon, on my PC, is indeed installed in
"D:\Programmi\cocoon\cocoon-2.1.53"

2. I posted the modified: "JavaInterpreter.java" and
"cocoon-javaflow-block.jar"
    files at the following URL

                 http://www.foskeea.org/cocoon/javaflow-modified.zip

3. The modifications I made are meant for debug purposes only.
    Because, the current release of Cocoon (2.1.5) doesn't
    reload .class files.
    I used the "File.separator" field in order for the modifications to run
    on any platform.

4. Each time you modify a .class file, please have your URL point to
    the initial URI of your web application, to start fresh a new debug
session.

I'm using it and hope it'll help others,

 ciao
 Enrico