cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: CForm binding: creating objects?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:40:07 GMT
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/binding.html#fb%3Ainsert-bean

try something along the lines of
<fb:insert-bean classname="GeoCoordinate" addmethod="setLatitude" />

before the <fb:value> stuff on the latitude

this assumes that GeoCoordinate has a constructor that doesn't require
any arguments, and that your SightingReport has a
setLatitude(GeoCoordinate) method (the latter is already assumed by the
use of jxpath per the paths in your snippet)

alternatively you could indeed use the javascript or custom binding
(the first probably somewhat easier)

HTH,
-marc=