cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro Evangelista <evangeli...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: SVG embed/object tag generation
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:54:38 GMT
The SVG is generated via graphviz DOT [
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/ ]. A description of a
diagram is stored in a file with extension ".dot". The following allows
the conversion from dot->svg.

<map:match pattern="**.dot.svg">
    <map:generate type="text2xml" src="content/xdocs/{1}.dot" />
    <map:transform type="dot2svg"/>
    <map:serialize type="svg"/>
 </map:match>

I would like to reference the generated SVG within an xhtml document -
possibly generated from other formats like docbook - or within a
generated JavaDOC documentation where a taglet adds a tag to both
describe and reference a diagram. The Javadoc case would be something
similar to

/* <p>Standard comments with diagrams</p>
 * {@diagram diagram description in DOT syntax}
 * <p>More comments...</p>
 * /

The @diagram tag is handed over to the taglet which

- Produces a ".dot" file, named for example "1234.dot"
- Produces some sort of link to the image within the generated HTML
documentation, for example "<embed href='1234.dot.svg'/>"

Thanks for any idea.

Alessandro