cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson ...@marcello.no>
Subject Multilingual website, text element lookup partially based on current session\function.
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:00:42 GMT
Hello,

My project is working on a multi-language website using cocoon. The
multilingual aspect is implemented with a "language-cache" where we look
up and get all the text strings used visibly in our web pages (in other
words, we populate JXTemplate pages with data fetched from this
language-cache.)

What I need to do is this: I have a current cocoon session. I want to
pass the session id to a java class\method, which looks up appropiate
language strings, partially based on the current coccon request and\or
flowscript function. In other words, I want to retrieve the current http
request (or flowscript function) using only a reference to the current
session. Is this possible?

The point of doing this would be not having to pass a description of the
current page\flowscript function every time I access the language cache.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

regards