cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simon Mieth <simon.mi...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Error in offline site generation
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:28:08 GMT
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:57:35 -0400
"Riddim Dread" <riddimdread@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think so because I'm trying to generate an html
> file from an xml file using an xsl stylesheet so I believe
> src should point to the source xml file.

Hi,

the CLI works uri-based like the CocoonServlet. The
source-file and the other processing-steps are defined in
the sitemap.xmap (your map:match).
The CLI invokes the normal Cocoon, which tries to process
the given uri. If your page works in the servlet mode, then
simple use the uri after http://localhost:8888/ as the uri
for the CLI.

You can simple use this:
<uri src="techsite/documents/tech/languages.html"
dest="ts/dest"/>

or as example: the whole cocoon-docs are generated simple by

<uri src="docs/index.html" dest="out"/>

where the CLI crawls throught every page-link and generate
all sites.

The CLI is only another environment for Cocoon, but it works
like the servlet (most).

You can look at the WEB-INF/logs to see what happend too.

Best Regards,
Simon