cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Again - how do I make saxon 8 the default xslt transformer?
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:06:46 GMT
Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     David> Have you seen the page
>     David> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Saxon which may
>     David> either help or confuse further :-) Please edit if you see
>     David> fit.
>
> No - I hadn't seen this.
>
> I followed all the instructions (except for setting the log level as
> it didn't tell me how to do this - I copied the saxon8.jar file into lib/local..

The instructions that i added are only for saxon-6.5.2 though.
Keenly awaiting someone else to fill in the gaps. I too would
like to use a newer Saxon. It should not be hard and i am not
at all happy that our instructions are so fuzzy. Saxon gets
undeserved bad press from this.

> The result is disappointing:
>
> An Error Occurred
>
> Lookup of transformer 'xslt-saxon' failed at [unknown location]
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Lookup of transformer 'xslt-saxon'
> failed at [unknown location]:
> org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: transformers:
> ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [xslt-saxon]
> (key [xslt-saxon])
<snip/>

> I'm running Cocoon 2.1.5 on a Fedora Core 2 Linux O/S.

That sounds like a common error that perhaps someone else can explain.
In fact, such a common issue that Google would give answers.

By the way, did you notice Vadim's comment on the last link on
our Saxon Wiki page - not sure if that is still relevant.

--
David Crossley