cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Woody] Integers in dynamic selection list are localized (BUG?)
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:59:56 GMT
On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 22:16, Marcin Okraszewski wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a multivalue field. Its values are integers, but some of them are
>  > 1000. The selection list is dynamically generated. After woody
> transformer, values are converted into human readable form, so that eg.
> "1000" is changed into "1 000".

Correct, that's on purpose.

>  I tried with <wd:convertor> in model,
> but it doesn't help,

it would help to use a non-locale sensitive convertor (the "plain"
types).

>  and in dynamic list causes null pointer exception.
> Of course numbers in generated selection list are without spaces. This
> also causes that two-sided selection list also doesn't work. I'm using
> Cocoon 2.1.4-dev.
>
> Did any one had such problems? What is the solution? Model, selection
> lists, etc are below.

Make sure that the WoodyTemplateTransformer uses the same locale as
you're using for processing the form.

The locale can be specified in multiple ways, one possibility is to set
it as a request attribute named locale. For the form processing IIRC it
can be specified by setting it on the form.locale attribute.

So:

var locale = Packages.java.util.Locale.US;
form.locale = locale;
cocoon.request.setAttribute("locale", locale);