cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: MVC Framework - options?
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 06:14:31 GMT
Ralph

I am not sure that anyone is planning to try and integrate
Struts *and* Cocoon - I think the idea is to replace Struts
with Cocoon in the Spring-Hibernate setup.

Again, I'll be begging - if you have the experience with this,
won't you consider "releasing" some of that knowledge (i.e.
more than just the odd, tantalizing tidbit) to those of us still
wanting to take this type of approach?

Thanks
Derek

>>> Ralph.Goers@digitalinsight.com 2004/05/10 05:51:36 PM >>>
We are using Spring to manage the lifecycle of our various product
framework
components in both the EJB container and the WEB container. For Cocoon,
just made an Avalon component that initializes the Spring Framework and
the
components managed by it. The trick is making sure the Avalon component
is
called before any of the components managed by Spring are needed.

I haven't tried to integrate it with Struts. I'm not sure what the
value is
here since IMO Cocoon's controller is more powerful than Struts.

Ralph