cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates - what's in a name?]
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 07:44:35 GMT
Bertand

Is there not a difference between a Java "business
object" (which I assume in a Cocoon app will be a
POJO - even though I do not now know where and
how to create this...) and "data access object" - at
least that what the Core J2EE patterns imply
http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/DataAccessObject.html

Is this distinction worth making?

Thanks
Derek

>>> bdelacretaz@apache.org 2004/05/05 02:43:31 PM >>>
Le 5 mai 04, à 14:35, Derek Hohls a écrit :

> Right - but I assuming its still handwritten code
> and not an existing module in Cocoon - is there
> a guide to how to integrate these into Cocoon?
> (I wont say "best practice"! ;-)

You should really get the supersonic block and look at the "bean
editor" example application.
Although it doesn't access a database, it shows how Java objects (which
could be DAOs) can be interfaced with a Cocoon application.

-Bertrand

believed to be clean.