cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: JXTemplates - what's in a name?
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 07:36:45 GMT
Ugo

Maybe you could start a "working draft" on the Wiki:
"even the smallest match-flame is a light to the
unenlightened" !

For starters, I would like to see an example of
what a POJO would/could look like; where and how
it would/should be placed in a Cocoon app; and how
it is pulled (or pushed??) to the View.

Thanks
Derek

>>> u.cei@cbim.it 2004/05/05 03:22:54 PM >>>
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Right - but I assuming its still handwritten code
> and not an existing module in Cocoon - is there
> a guide to how to integrate these into Cocoon?
> (I wont say "best practice"! ;-)

I don't think there is, it's just a pattern. I'm just starting to
experiment with having my DAOs managed by Spring, accessing an
Hibernate
store, and compiled on-the-fly with the classloading compiler, all from

the Flowscript, of course. I'd like to do a writeup of all this once
it's done, but as I said, it's all very very preliminary.

Anyway, any DAO will usually deal with DTOs (Data Transfer Objects),
that is POJOs populated from some JDBC and/or EJB and/or
Hibernate/JDO/whatever query. You would then pass the DTO to the view
layer, which is a pipeline starting with a JXTemplateGenerator (or XSP

if you prefer).

	Ugo

believed to be clean.