cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <obill...@jouve.fr>
Subject Re: AW: 65K limitation
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 12:20:52 GMT
Nils,

Don't confuse : it's not a XSP limitation. It's the use of the XSP
technology (that tends to be deprecated in favor of the flowscript) :
XSP are compiled as Java classes and all code is put in a method called
generate(). So if you put too much business code in your XSP, you will
get that error.

Like Ugo wrote, the best way if you still want to use XSP, is to put
your code in a Java object and then use this object directly in your XSP
or use a logicsheet to access your component (the best way, and not that
difficult, really). This will make your code far cleaner and more readable.

But the best way now (but I'm very new to it) is to use flowscript. With
this, you put the logic where it has to be (Java or javascript) and then
you can use a pipeline to render the result.

You can find all you need in the cocoon doc and the wiki.

Hope this helps

--
Olivier