cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject cocoon freeze: nullpointer exception during moderate load testing
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 14:39:17 GMT
Hi,

I have a jmeter script with 3 threads firing off requests to cocoon.
After a while, when I try to access the cocoon instance through my
browser and loading the simplest of pages (read file, xslt, serialize
html) i get a nullpointerexception during XSLT transformation. The funny
thing is that this only happens *sometimes*. The only constant thing is
that when a request fails it always fails during the xslt transformation
with a nullpointerexception.

I first thought that this was due to undersized pools, but i've set a
pool-size of 200 with pool-min 20 and pool-grow 10 on all sitemap
components and it still happens. The pool seems to be managing component
instances correctly because from debugging statements, the number of
components received from and returned to the pool are identical.

Thoughts?

Example stacktrace:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception during processing of
file:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19/webapps/cocoon/app/common/stylesheets/remove_namespaces.xsl:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractStreamSource.toSAX(AbstractStreamSource.java:205)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandler(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:275)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandler(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:240)
at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.setup(TraxTransformer.java:313)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractEventPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractEventPipeline.java:204)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.setup(CachingEventPipeline.java:290)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEventPipeline.java:180)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilingCachingEventPipeline.process(ProfilingCachingEventPipeline.java:122)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingStreamPipeline.java:412)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:148)