cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gou...@osmosis.gr
Subject Re: Vote: to unify, or not to unify - results
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 07:16:11 GMT
On Wed, 5 May 2004, Derek Hohls wrote:

> Bruno
>
> Then the question - if XSP is NOT a "preferred" generator;
> and JXT is a "fake" generator - what exactlly are we supposed
> to be using for simple generation use cases; or are we saying
> all users have to be full-on Java programmers and create
> custom generators each time they want to do something that
> requires a little logic??
>
> Sorry to keep asking this, but there are some *very* mixed
> signals on this one going out!

i think that actions or xsp-actions (simpler approache) can give a perfect
solution for simple cases:   no complex data model needs , no validation
needs, when simple client side validation is enough.

they are many cases where we need just to post a 3-4 text fields and write
them in a data table. or just to ask to delete a row from a data table...

--stavros