cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gou...@osmosis.gr
Subject RE: Vote: to unify, or not to unify - results
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 07:09:03 GMT
On Wed, 5 May 2004, Derek Hohls wrote:

> Stavros
>
> I also use this approach for read-only queries - but there
> a number of people here who throw up their hands in horror
> even at the *idea* of XSP - "not pure" they say - but I
> cannot seem to get a handle on what the alternative (better?)
> approach should be.
>
> Conversely, if one is "allowed" to use XSP for this (and yes,
> there will be a mix of logic and DB calls in such pages) - but
> not for other DB-related work, then are we not making it very
> confusing for those coming to Cocoon from, say, a PHP type
> environment??
>
> Derek

i think that there is a big diff from php. if we use XSP just like php
then we have to do with all the known problem that become from mixing
content and presentation, but xps give us the ubility ti use it in a diff
way and produce pure XML, this way we have only content wich can be
transofrmated using xsl. (offcourse im talking about read only readn only
/ select queries)

-- stavros