cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Rolappe" <m_rola...@web.de>
Subject AW: Performance Problems
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 23:00:39 GMT

hi ole,

> Thanks for your reply. I included the generation-time in the
> result so from
> that I can tell that the three parts are not re-generated but
> taken from the

yes, the pipelines themselves (which you reference via cocoon:/whatever) are
cached, but not the 'references' (a bit fuzzy, I know ;-). that's what I
meant with 'not really cached'. I'll just be a bit more specific: when the
aggregation pipeline is setup, the aggregator resolves its parts' sources.
this leads to the creation of SitemapSource objects, that represent cocoon:/
sources. that creation includes the whole setup process of the referenced
pipelines. so if the referenced pipeline would in turn reference other
cocoon:/ sources, the situation would be even worse. another issue is that
SitemapSource forgets all the info collected after each access to the
content it represents. now you see why the performance is so bad when doing
many simultaneous requests: all that stuff is done over and over again for
each request to the aggregation. that's what I actually meant ;-) when
talking about suboptimal cacheability.

> cache. THe aggregation-pipeline is not cached anyway. What do you mean by

yeah, overlooked that noncaching ;-)

> hacking the sitemap source?

I meant using your own modified/enhanced version of SitemapSource.