cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject C2.1.5 - build.sh bug
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 22:32:59 GMT

There is a bug in the build.sh build script.  Sorry if this has been
covered before; this is my first build of a 2.1.x system.

The build.sh uses /bin/sh, which on Solaris and other traditional *nix is
typically Bourne shell.  The build.sh is not compatible with Bourne shell,
however.  I didn't check it for all errors, but the line
      export ANT_HOME=tools

breaks Bourne shell.  The correct syntax is
      ANT_HOME=tools
      export ANT_HOME

Perhaps the INSTALL.txt should mention this, and some workarounds?  I
simply changed the build.sh to use /bin/bash, which works on my system.

-Christopher