cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevo...@implements.be>
Subject Re: Dynamic connection to the database
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 10:05:26 GMT
Not really mixing things ....

This is the scenario:
1) user logs in (cocoon authentication used)
2) user enters data in a form (or updates data in a form) and submits
3) data is stored in database table with this structure (example)

LastName  varchar(50)
FirstName  varchar(50)
Actor            varchar(50)
TS (Timestamp)	datetime

The field Actor contains the login used to insert, update or
(logically) delete the record.

I want to prevent that I need to add the "login" as a parameter to each
function (stored procedure).
If I create my connection, the database can tell the login that is
used.  And it can fill out the timestamp for me.
I do not need to pass those.

Unfortunately, my connection in Cocoon is always defined with a fixed
name.
So even when I login with Cocoon Authentication, my database only knows
one login: the one I specify in my conf. file.