cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Hildebrandt, Ole" <ole.hildebra...@eds.com>
Subject Confusion about Logging
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 12:43:44 GMT
Hi,

I am starting to get a little confused about how to log in Cocoon. Exploring
the WEB-INF/Lib directory I identified these libs having something to do
with logging.

- excalibur-logger-1.0.1.jar
- logfactor5-1.2.8.jar
- logkit-1.2.jar
- commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
- avalon-framework-4.1.4.jar

Now my question is: Which Library/Logging-Framework do I use to log
something from within a native Java-Business-Class? Which one is used by
cocoon itself? How can I define, that the logs from the business-classes
should go into a certain logfile? I am also going to use Hibernate, so I
don't want to have Cocoon, Hibernate and the Business-Java-Classes using
different Logging-Frameworks. Maybe somebody can help me out here or point
me to a nice how-to or tutorial?

Thanks

Ole