cocoon-users mailing list archives

From robby.pelss...@vodafone.com
Subject RE: Query wrt rows returned from a database???
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 13:12:28 GMT
What datatype do these columns have ?? e.g. LONG, VARCHAR, DATE

I had a similar problem, but that only was the case for columns of type LONG
(have solution for that problem)

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Hohls [mailto:DHohls@csir.co.za]
Sent: 18mm2004 14:56
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Query wrt rows returned from a database???

Sam

Maybe you can post some code snippets - sitemap,
SQL commands - along with what you get vs what you
want - I am not sure I fully understand what you trying to
do... maybe if that were clearer you might get a response.

Derek

>>> sam_nanda@rediffmail.com 2004/05/18 02:37:51 PM >>>

SHello Everybody,

I am still waiting to get a reply back for my query. Would be great if
someone answers this.
Thanks !!!

On Mon, 17 May 2004 Sam wrote :
>Hi List...
>
>I can retreive rows from a MySQL database with no problems, only that
the rows returned have no newline character, ie the SQL transformer
ignores or escapes (I am not sure) the newline characters and I get rows
fetched from the database as one single line.

>Now how do I keep the newline character after every row that is been
fetched through SQL transformer so that I can display it on the browser
in a nice table format ???

>Does anybody know why & how can I avoid that ???
>
>Regards

believed to be clean.