cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.5 - javaflow problem (6.2)
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 10:09:23 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

>On Sat, 29 May 2004, Enrico Migliore wrote:
>

>>Dear Stephan
>>
>> I may have spot where the problem is. In the following file:
>>
>>               .\cocoon-2.1.5\src\blocks\javaflow\TODO.txt
>>
>>I found the following script:

>> What is left to do?
>> -------------------
>> - allow the ability to reload the java flow classes using for example the
>>   CompilingClassLoader.
>>
>>Does that mean that, at the moment, it's not possible to reload a class
>>at runtime?
>>

>Yes, that's true. But this depends on the reloading behaviour of the
>servlet classloader. If a class changed and the servlet container
>reload the whole servlet then there won't be a problem. But
>if it doesn't reload the servlet then the ContinuationClassloader will
>stick to the previous class.
>
>I think that your problem can be solved, but I never tested the reloading
>behaviour of jetty, because I don't know how to activate it.
>
>Stephan

Dear Stephan,

 I'm investingating about how to instruct Jetty to reload a servlet, and
 eventually I will post to the mailing list the result, in case of success.

 I got just one dubt:  if I reload the Cocoon servlet at each client's
request,
 all new classes' instances will forget completely their previous history:
 continuations, the value of all instance variables...am I right?

 thanks again for your help
 Enrico