cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: ServletContext.getRealPath()
Date Sat, 29 May 2004 14:32:13 GMT
On 29.05.2004 15:14, Alan wrote:

>>>   Can anyone expand on this? I'll use this work around rather than
>>>   try and ask for a vote.
>>
>>Sylvain's arguments sound very reasonable, especially the comparison to
>>a possible Java flow version (what exists in the mean time). I would ask
>>him or on the dev list about the status: "I'll check what has been
>>hidden from the environment API and start a vote on this." I don't
>>remember a vote on this.
>

>     Yes. But what is a work around? I need to develop an application
>     first, as part of my job. I can't let this depend on the outcome
>     of a vote.
>
>     I'll pursue the vote, but how to I getRealPath until then?

Ah, I didn't get from your sentence that the work around is still
missing. What you need to do is to look up the SourceResolver, use it to
resolve your path and release it. You can find an example at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/samples/flow/bindings.js?annotate=1.5#130

Joerg