cocoon-users mailing list archives

From mirko <rmi...@poczta.of.pl>
Subject Re: Authentication: access role info in sitemap
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 13:17:45 GMT
Guido Casper wrote:

> var contextMan =
> cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.webapps.session.ContextManager.ROLE);

> var authContext = contextMan.getContext("authentication");
> var userfrag = authContext.getXML("/authentication/ID");
> var rolefrag = authContext.getXML("/authentication/data/role");
> user.username =
> Packages.org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMUtil.getValueOfNode(userfrag);
> user.role =
> Packages.org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMUtil.getValueOfNode(rolefrag);

Thank you very much for it.

> If you have multiple roles adjust accordingly and better put it within a
> Java component.

Yes, and that's the reason I wanted to write my auth action.

> There is also already an input module to pass this info from the sitemap
> via:
> <map:parameter name="username"
> value="{session-context:authentication/authentication/ID}"/>

Thanks. This I found in the documentation but I don't like such stuff in
sitemap. It's to much detailed, I like the sitemap clear.
I'm thinking of auth action similiar to the existing one but that
additionallty have:
<map:parameter name="role" value="admin,editor">
and besides of checking if the user is authenticated it'll check if he
is in specified role(s).
I've written this but encoutered problems with lost context.

> Please note that the authentication context is only available from
> within protected sections.

O! Maybe this is the problem I'll check this. But does it mean that
every map:match must be in auth-protect? What about the internal
pipelines, resources, aggregations that are used from "first level"
pipelines? Do they also have to to be protected?

Regards,
mirko