cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Suzan Foster <suzan.fos...@nerocmediaware.nl>
Subject Re: Problem using processPipelineTo()
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 08:37:36 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>Sorry, a case of not enough coffee.. ;) However, the code is now failing
>>on pipelineUtil.processToDOM() reporting: Streaming of an internal
>>pipeline is not possible with a reader. Changing the pipeline to
>>internal-only="false" doesn't solve the problem.
>>

>That's exactly what I feared when I talking about wrong content-length:
>a reader is involved. I had a similar problem last week:
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108491743200003&r=1&w=4. A reader sets
>the content-length header. In general readers are prevented from being
>used in internal requests.
>
>This has nothing todo with "internal-only" directly. "internal-only"
>determines whether a pipeline can be accessed from external or not.
>
>You have an internal request for example when using cocoon:/ or when
>accessing a pipeline by using processPipeline (for both the old way and
>the new way using PipelineUtil). The question is only if it is
>recognized as internal request.
>
>If you want to use processPipelineToDOM I guess you have XML. So instead
>of the reader you can use the file generator and a XML serializer.

Yes, this was exactly the problem. I changed my pipeline and it's
working perfectly now. This also explains a couple of problems I was
having with other pipelines which were reading a file from the fs,
transforming and then writing them back with the  write-source
transformer. Thanks :)

groetjes, su.