cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Adding a global validation message to a form?
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 09:12:35 GMT
Mark H wrote:

>>Are you looking for a feature you had in 2.1.4 and you don't find
>>anymore? If so, what exactly?
>>

>No, the reason I mentioned 2.1.5 is just to make clear what version of
>cocoon I'm using since cforms are still in development.
>
>Basically what I'm looking for is after some custom validation to be able to
>add a validation message like "your login details are incorrect" to a form
>rather than a widget. I've looked through the javadocs but I can't find
>anything.

To expand on this (I'm working with Mark on this), we need, in Java, to
do something like form.setValidationMessage("Your login failed") and
redisplay the form.

Do we set up a <fd:message> and set the text on that? Any other ideas?

Upayavira, who's currently undergoing a crash course in CForms and Binding