cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Problem with repeater binding in CForm
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 19:14:50 GMT

Neil Killick wrote:
> As an aside, the following code works fine if put after the form.save(order)
> line:
>
> var address = new Packages.net.au.whirlwind.data.Address();
> var deliveries = order.getDeliveries();
> var model = form.getModel();
> var deliveryModel = form.lookupWidget("deliveries/0");
> address.setStreet(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("street").getValue());
> address.setCity(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("city").getValue());
> address.setSuburb(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("suburb").getValue());
> address.setState(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("state").getValue());
> address.setPostCode(deliveryModel.lookupWidget("postcode").getValue());
>
> This code grabs the values out of the form fine. So if this manual approach
> works, why doesn't the binding?

I think this is not the part that is causing the problem
I would guess that reading from the form is ok, but setting the values
to your bean is not

the questions then are:
1/ how do you programmatically add the address to the deliveries
is it this?

var delivery = new Packages.net.au.whirlwind.data.Delivery()
delivery.setAddress(address);
delivereries.add(delivery);

2/ how do you programmatically add the deliveries to the order
is it this?

order.setDeliveries(deliveries) --> this method seems to be missing
according to the error?

regards,
-marc=