cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: cocoon behind apache reverseproxy
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 11:24:42 GMT
Meyer, Christian wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'am trying to put my cocoon application on tomcat behind a apache
>reverseproxy. that was no problem but after login the session is not found
>and so i was redirected to the login. The session id is different in every
>request.
>
>is there any problem to solve while getting the session information?

This can be because you are proxying with different URLs after the
domain name. So:

http://yourserver/your-url    ----->
http://yourserver:8080/cocoon/your-url

will break with relation to sessions, as Cocoon returns a cookie mounted
on /cocoon, but the user is looking for one mounted on /.

Fixes: you can try ProxyPassReverse, but I'm not sure if that fixes it.

Better, strip out the /cocoon./ bit so that both Apache and Cocoon use
the same level within the directory structure.

Is this the problem?

Upayavira