cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Simple database app with Forms/Flow ?
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 08:32:13 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:

>Upayavira
>
>No, its not a tired drum - just potentially a very large and
>maybe a "biting off more than I can chew" one.  If there
>was an existing, simple but *complete* project that demo'ed
>this, I could at least have a solid starting point that I could
>build up from.  At present there are just code fragments and,
>unfortunately, I'm a big picture person and I struggle to see
>where all these bits fit together.

I'm happy to chat about how it might fit together. I'm new to this too,
but perhaps we'll get some people who have done it to chime in.

I can try to paint the big picture for you, if you can handle it via email.

>My own concerns aside, I do believe that if Cocoon is going to
>thrive and grow and be adopted (if that's what we want....?)
>then there does need to be some clear, direct guidance on how
>to tackle fairly straightforward applications - and I would argue
>that a "simple interactive database, possibly with authentication"
>is one "use case" for which there will be demand.

I know exactly what you mean.  But we're seriously on the cutting edge
with Cocoon. This approach has only been available for 6-9 months. Not
that many people have used it, and thus not so much doco yet.

But it is well worth trying. Do you want to chat about how we can do it?
(I know someone I can bug for guidance!)

Regards, Upayavira