cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: the Â_problem.
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 22:25:52 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 18.05.2004 00:01, leon tian wrote:
>
>> I use html generator without configuration and xhtml serializer
>> encoding to UTF-8. Could you tell me where the problem may be?
>

> The remote web page has a specific encoding. I guess the HTML
> generator is ignoring it and parses the remote webpage probably using
> UTF-8. I don't know about the details or how to solve it. Maybe you
> can get jtidy to output XML in a specific encoding that the parser
> parsing the jtidy output expects.

I've recently tried to change the encoding on JTidy. It doesn't seem to
work. I followed it right in in a debugger - the configured locale was
set right inside JTidy, but it still outputted ISO-8859-1. No UTF-8.

I'm thinking of extending the HTML generator to use something like
NekoHTML (I'm using it right now for a work project, and I reckon it'd
be pretty easy to do (like 10 lines of code). So the generator would be
configurable as to which tool it uses.

Upayavira