cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Query regarding Forms
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 21:03:43 GMT
On 17.05.2004 11:02, anand.vasudevan@wipro.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some checkboxes in a page for various colors like blue, green etc
> (generated using xml/xsl).The user would select some of the
> checkboxes...say 2 checkboxes.
>
> I have to display the choices ie the colors in a cocoon form in a
> tabular form. So if 2 colors are checked then a table with 2 rows...if 5
> colors then 5 rows.
>
> A repeater widget could be used for this, but the size of the repeater
> is required. We could say cocoon.request.getParameterValues("Color") in
> the flowscript, to get a list of checkboxes selected. But how to pass
> this data to the form definition file.

Don't access the request params!!! You have a form model to get all the
values selected. You can pass these object (don't know exactly but it
should be a string array) to a jxtemplate to show the colors in a table.

Joerg

PS: Please don't mail me directly. If I read your mail on the list, it's
still unanswered, I have time and I know something about it I will
answer there too.