cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re:JXTemplates-what's in a name?]
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 00:47:44 GMT
On 07.05.2004 13:35, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>>2. What is the best(?) OS implementation of JDO that you know of?
>
> Another hard question. You can try the RI from Sun used in OJB.
> Personally, I am waiting for the Apache OJB own implementation (Brian
> McCallister - currently working on it, thank Brian!). You can find some
> hints about some OS JDO implementation here:

There are some issues with the reference implementation. I found this
one:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=108367741627573&w=4,
but not the one I remember: When querying 20 objects out of a table with
5000 entries, for Sun' RI of JDO all 5000 objects are instantiated and
the 20 are selected afterwards. That's an extreme performance killer and
I switched to OJB's OTM instead of JDO. I heard much good news about the
already mentioned TJDO: http://tjdo.sourceforge.net/.

Joerg