cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Availability of user-request-parameter by the end of pipeline ??
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 00:41:16 GMT
On 13.05.2004 02:26, Sam wrote:

> Hello Joerg,
>
> Nice to see a reply from you again. Everytime I happen to learn something new. :) :)
Thanks to you.

> By the way I had realized the typo and the missing use-reuest-parameters in the last
three stylesheets> I made proper changes but still it doesnt wanna work. Correct me if
I am wrong the way I am trying to get the value back from the "keyword". In my search_html.xsl,
I declare the param so that I could use it in the sytlesheet like this:

> <xsl:param name="keyword"/>
>
> and then try to display the value contained in "keyword" simply like this:
>

> You search for $keyword resulted in the following documents.
>

> But it doesnt wanna display the value what keyword is holding instead it display $keyword
as it is !!!

> Do you know whats wrong here ???

Of course you must select the value of the variable, what you did is
probably just writing the text "$keyword". XSL does not replace this
automagically. I don't know how exactly your code looks like, but maybe
the following works:

You search for <xsl:value-of select="$keyword"/> resulted in the
following document.

> Also the way you suggested to pass the value of the paramater,
> <map:parameter name="keyword" value="{request-param:keyword}"/>
>
> could you let me know how to invoke the value from this parameter in a stylesheet ???

The stylesheet must be exactly the same as for the use-request-params
approach.

Joerg