cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "keith d. zimmerman" <li...@kdz13.net>
Subject Re: design questions/need ideas
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 18:25:40 GMT
g[R]eK wrote:

> There is simpler way than writing own action. We have SourceWriting Transformer
> [1] ;-)
> I think, sitemap snip will explain everything:
>   <map:generate type="jx" src="query_resource_template.xml"/> [2]
>   <map:transform type="cinclude"/> [3]
>   <map:transform type="xslt" src="your_xslt_transformations.xsl"/>
>   <map:transform type="write-source"/>
>   <map:transform type="xslt" src="other_transformations.xsl"/>
>   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>
> Your query template should be filled up with informations abaout resource by the
> JXTemplateGenerator. CInclude Transformer will query the resource and include
> it. Of course this snip is needed when resource local copy of resource doesn't
> exist.

I had found this since the orinigal post....

> kdz> 2.  I have a list of resources available.  I want the user to be able to
> kdz> view them all on one page (all as in all for the day), or each
> kdz> individually.  Ideally, I would store these resources in an xml file,
> kdz> and generate the list with xslt.  But my sitemap also needs an entry for
> kdz> each of these.  I tried to do this:
>
> You can access xml file from sitemap using input module XMLFileModule[4] but I'm
> not sure if it is necessary.

but not this.  So yes, a tremendous help.

Now, i have one question about the source writer.  As far as i can tell
this could be used for xml.  Part of my application would be to parse
out and download images (no, not pr0n, thanks for caring though).  I
don't assume there would be any way to use the source writer and an
input module? to do this?

thanks,
-kz