cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates -what' s in a name?]
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 08:58:22 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Thanks - I assume that if one is NOT working
> in a J2EE application, that the principles and
> approaches will be the same ie. is there more
> info that discusses how to move from an
> "ordinary" set of Java objects to a full-blown J2EE
> approach?

It's quite difficult to say what constitutes a "full-blown" J2EE app
versus an "ordinary" Java app, to use your terms. J2EE is made up of
many technologies, not all of which must be used together at any one time.

Cocoon typically runs inside a Servlet container, whose behavior is
mandated by the J2EE spec, so when you're running "cocoon servlet", yes,
you have a J2EE application. Even if you don't use EJB, JTA, JMS, etc.

But if you want to know what a "typical" J2EE app looks like, I think
the patterns book that was mentioned in this thread (a possibly also
this one [1]) might give you a bigger picture.

	Ugo

[1]: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201787903/