cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: JXTemplates - what's in a name?
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 09:08:24 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Ugo
>
> Maybe you could start a "working draft" on the Wiki:
> "even the smallest match-flame is a light to the
> unenlightened" !

That's an idea, but I still need a few days to have something working.

> For starters, I would like to see an example of
> what a POJO would/could look like; where and how
> it would/should be placed in a Cocoon app; and how
> it is pulled (or pushed??) to the View.

POJO == Plain Old Java Object.

It's a simple object that is not tied to any particular framework.
Typically it's a JavaBean, as it has a bunch of attributes and
corresponding get/set methods. It might be made persistent by an ORM
tool like Hibernate/OJB/JDO.

Simplified flowscript:

var userDAO = UserDAOFactory.getUserDAO();
var user userDAO.findUser(username);
cocoon.sendPage("views/userdata", { "user" : user });

	Ugo