cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Binding to xmldb
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 12:40:54 GMT
Timur Izhbulatov wrote:

> Hi all!
> I use woody binding framework as shown in the corresponding sample
> (cocoon 2.1.4) with an XML file and it works just fine. But when I
> change the file URL to xmldb one my non-us (UTF-8 encoded) data are
> getting corrupted. When I popultate the DB with the same data (as in
> xmldb sample) it also works correctly.
> My sitemap entry looks as follow:
>   <map:match pattern="edit">
>      <map:call function="woody">
>        <map:parameter name="function" value="form2xml"/>
>        <map:parameter name="form-definition"
> value="forms/form_model.xml"/>
>      <map:parameter name="documentURI"
>          value="data/1.xml"/>
>      <!-- <map:parameter name="documentURI"
>          value="xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/data/1"/> -->
>        <map:parameter name="bindingURI" value="forms/form_bind.xml"/>
>      </map:call>
>    </map:match>
> The form2xml function was totally borrowed from binding_example.js.
> Should I rewrite my flow script or somehow configure the database
> operation?

How good is your Java? Can you take a look at the source for the
XMLDBTransformer, and compare it to the code for the XMLDBSource (both
in the XMLDB block). To bind to an XMLDB source, like you are, you're
using the XMLDB source as a modifiable source, so the getOutputStream()
method should be crucial. Maybe the XMLDBTransformer (which is used in
the XMLDB sample) takes more care over encoding.

Let me know if you can see anything.

Regards, Upayavira