cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: JXT or XSP?
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 17:27:34 GMT
Nacho Jimenez wrote:
>> Our policy is that putting business logic in the flowscript is to be
>> considered OK in a prototyping stage. Once the prototype is tested, you
>> should reimplement it in a Java method or class. Of course, this takes
>> discipline and sometimes the move-to-Java stage can be postponed (or
>> forgotten) due to deadline pressure, as always.
>    Is the debbuging improvement worth the effort of translation? I do my
> bussiness logic as an Avalon Component, and I call the component from
> the sitemap when needed.. I find it a little bit hard to debug, but
> keeps the code clean and concerns as separate as I need them.

Translating from Javascript to Java is quite easy, given that:

- the two languages are quite similar, syntactically
- we have no real JS experience and thus tend to use it like Java,
without using its peculiar features
- we tend to switch to Java as soon as the complexity of a flowscript
increases.

	Ugo