cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rolf Schumacher <rolf.schumac...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Logging in cocoon
Date Sat, 01 May 2004 20:49:11 GMT
Sorry, was too blind to see how simple the ingenius avalon/cocoon people
had made logging.

For all those who likes "hello world" to start with:

import org.apache.log.Hierarchy;
import org.apache.log.Logger;
    private Logger logger;
            logger = Hierarchy.getDefaultHierarchy().getLoggerFor("myLog");
            logger.info( "hello world" );

With additions to logkit.xconf:

in targets:
<cocoon id="myLog">
  <filename>${context-root}/WEB-INF/logs/myLog.log</filename>
  <format type="cocoon">         %7.7{priority} %{time} %{category}:
%{message}\n%{throwable}</format>
  <append>false</append>
</cocoon>

in catagories:
<category log-level="INFO" name="myLog">
  <log-target id-ref="myLog"/>
</category>

The result appears in myLog.log in the directory where all other cocoon
logs get written to.

Rolf