cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <moinuddin.ah...@wipro.com>
Subject Cocoon binding for multivaluefield (multi select combo box)
Date Sat, 29 May 2004 10:10:27 GMT

Hi ,

I am trying to read values from a multivaluefield (multi select combo
box) from a cocoon form and use cocoon form binding to extract the
values.
My intent is to create an xml file from the data that has been selected
in the form.

I have tried all variation of cocoon form binding to get the data , but
not able to do so.

I am able to successfully read the value of a single select drop down
box, by using " <value id="searchFields" path="@searchFields" />" , but
not able to get values for multi select combo box.
I  have tried the following:

1. ) I have tried using repeaters but that give a class cast exception.
at form.save method
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<context path="/content"
xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#binding">
  <repeater id="searchFields" parent-path="." row-path="searchFields">
   <identity>
        <value id="name" path="@id" />
      </identity>
      <on-bind>
        <value id="name" path="@id" />
      </on-bind>
      <on-insert-row>
        <insert-node>
          <entry name="" />
        </insert-node>
      </on-insert-row>
    </repeater>
</context>

2. ) later I tried using only   <value id="searchFields"
path="@searchFields" />, with this I am not getting any exceptions as
such but I am not able to get the values of the selected combo box.

3)
I also tried using aggregator, with this I am not getting any exceptions
as such but I am not able to get the values of the selected combo box.
<aggregate id="searchFields" parent-path="." row-path="searchFields">
   <value id="value" path="@value" />
   </aggregate>

My definition file is as below:
<multivaluefield id="searchFields">
      <datatype base="string" />
      <selection-list src="cocoon:/select-search-fields" dynamic="true"
/>
    </multivaluefield>>

Can any one please throw some pointers what I can do to get the value
from a multivaluefield or let me know where I am going wrong

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Moin

Confidentiality Notice