cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Better alternative to ESQL?
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 07:56:14 GMT
Derek Hohls dijo:
> Leon
>
> I agree that if what works for you is OK, then you
> are doing fine.  My concern is that there are better ways
> evolving and, if they are "easy and clean",  I am prepared
> to learn them but, and this is my case in a number of threads
> (and you have effectively said the same thing here), if this
> approach is a limited to a "few in the know" and there is not
> sufficient info for others to "get in the know", how can we
> evolve as a community of developers with a *potentially*
> really good product?

Hi Derek:

I really appreciate your effort. I think it is a must. The reality is all
this is too new stuff and we need time to write some docs. Also get some
experience before write it is a good idea. Often, we use our spare time to
make Cocoon and the lack of time is what brakes us to give more info. It
is not we cannot want to share knowledges at all. :-D

In my own case, I stoped my little contributions on the list, because I
have a big pressure on work. This is really a big one. I promise to write
some docs when I will have time to do that and no one else did it.

We can talk around about this lack of docos forever and no docs will be
done. I think someone can start the doc and then others will add new stuff
or rewrite the doc if needed. If you have now the time to do that, please
start it. :-D

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.