cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates-what' s in a name?]
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 15:37:20 GMT
Antonio,

People who say Cocoon is "just" a web publishing framework are nuts.  We use
very little flowscript and find it to be a very powerful presentation
framework. I saw a comparison of various frameworks a while ago and Cocoon
easily came out on top except that it had no built in support for Business
Delegates. I spent some time and implemented that myself and Cocoon is
working great so far.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Gallardo [mailto:agallardo@agssa.net]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 1:09 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates-what' s
in a name?]
BEAWARE: I am far to be a guru in this area.

Currently, I found myself asking about the "viability" of using EJB for
the overall task in some applications. Recently, Ralph's posts, triggered
in my mind the idea of how will be the best approach to use J2EE (that
include EJB) with Cocoon. I read some articles about that too. And there
are diferent approach. Some articles tell you that Cocoon need to be used
just as a publishing framework while using J2EE. But I think: This was
before flow. But, now we have Flow and I don't like the idea of stripdown
Cocoon wings when I know how much it can do and help.... Of course this is
a very large discussion and a interesting one.