cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates - what' s in a name?]
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 16:18:37 GMT
In my environment a DAO is the object that is the result of reading from the
database (or some other source). This doesn't necessarily have any
relationship to the business objects - they can contain information from one
or many DAOs. Finally DataTransferObjects are the objects sent to the
presentation tier as the result of a request.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Hohls [mailto:DHohls@csir.co.za]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 12:45 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re: JXTemplates - what's in a
name?]

Bertand

Is there not a difference between a Java "business
object" (which I assume in a Cocoon app will be a
POJO - even though I do not now know where and
how to create this...) and "data access object" - at
least that what the Core J2EE patterns imply
http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/DataAccessObject.ht
ml

Is this distinction worth making?

Thanks