cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alan <alan-cocoon-us...@engrm.com>
Subject Re: ServletContext.getRealPath()
Date Sat, 29 May 2004 13:14:27 GMT
* Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> [2004-05-29 00:39]:
> On 29.05.2004 02:08, Alan wrote:
>
> >>Not the thread about the decision, it only refers to that one, but
> >>includes also some of the ideas:
> >>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=107996583500001&r=1&w=4
> >
> >    Actually, it references the method that I'm looking to expose.
>
> Even this!
>
> >    Sylvan suggests a workaround. He says:

> >    Can anyone expand on this? I'll use this work around rather than
> >    try and ask for a vote.
>
> Sylvain's arguments sound very reasonable, especially the comparison to
> a possible Java flow version (what exists in the mean time). I would ask
> him or on the dev list about the status: "I'll check what has been
> hidden from the environment API and start a vote on this." I don't
> remember a vote on this.

    Yes. But what is a work around? I need to develop an application
    first, as part of my job. I can't let this depend on the outcome
    of a vote.

    I'll pursue the vote, but how to I getRealPath until then?

--
Alan / alan@engrm.com / http://engrm.com/
available for contract  -->  http://engrm.com/the-pitch.html