cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alan <alan-cocoon-us...@engrm.com>
Subject Re: ServletContext.getRealPath()
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 15:38:42 GMT
* Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> [2004-05-28 15:31]:

> >>It seems not:
> >>http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html#Context+Object
> >

> >    Found the code for FOM_Cocoon.java and there's this:
> >
> >        /* TODO: Vote on the inclusion of this method
> >        public String jsFunction_getRealPath(String path) {
> >            return context.getRealPath(path);
> >        }
> >        */
> >
> >    What are the issues surrounding this method? I'd like to use it.
> >    Can this vote happen soon?
>
> This method is "surrounded" to make it available to flow script. But
> from that code it should be cocoon.getRealPath(path).

    What I meant by "the issues surrounding" is, why is this method
    commented out? Why is a vote necessary? What are the issues that
    need to be debated before a vote occurs.

    It seems odd that this method is not implemented.

    I've uncommented the method. It works fine.

--
Alan / alan@engrm.com / http://engrm.com/
available for contract  -->  http://engrm.com/the-pitch.html