cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <br...@bjohnson.net>
Subject RE: Broken Pipes w/ Production Site
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 02:29:03 GMT
Thanks - Ill try upgrading to 2.1.4 and see if that helps.
Yeah I wasnt sure whether those exceptions were the problem
(since they do appear in other parts of the log file) but
that was all I found around the time the problem occurred.

I also increased the pool size in the cocooon.xconf
file after having problems with Cocoon/Tomcat returning
blank pages (as in actual blank <body> tags).  I've been
working on a side project called Webgate (webgate.sourceforge.net)
and I had the blank page problem and increasing pool sizes
seemed to fix that.. so I tried it on the production site
and that seems to have worked (so far).

But this new issue with the whole webserver no longer
responding has started to worry me quite a bit.  It's
not good to have your boss (the owner of the company)
call me because the website isnt responding :(

Luckily restarting seemed to fix it for now.

This seems to only happen after the site has been
running for a month or so.. so a memory leak may
definitely be the problem.  I'll try upgrading.. and
also setting up a new cron job to reboot the server
every couple weeks just in case.

Thanks,

- Brent