cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <br...@bjohnson.net>
Subject Broken Pipes w/ Production Site
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 22:00:06 GMT
I'm running a production site using Tomcat 5.x and Cocoon 2.1.2.  I'm
planning on upgrading to 2.1.4 later next week.  But today I got a call from
the boss asking me what was wrong with the website.  I checked it.. and I
was getting no response.  No errors to the browser.. it just wasnt
responding.

I restarted and everything cleared up.  But I had a look at the logs around
the time of the site failure and the only exception I could find around that
time was a SocketException for a Broken Pipe.  It appears numerous times and
I'm not sure why.

I saw some threads about this in the archive but no real answers.  Could
this cause our site not to respond?  I MUST get this fixed asap (its a
production intranet site for a government contract).

Anyone else using Tomcat for production?

Thanks!  Here's the full exception...

2004-05-20 13:10:07 StandardWrapperValve[Cocoon]: Servlet.service() for
servlet Cocoon threw exception
ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseBase.flushBuffer(ResponseBase.java:680
)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseBase.doFlushBuffer(HttpResponseBas
e.java:795)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseBase.flushBuffer(HttpResponseBase.
java:785)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseBase.write(ResponseBase.java:648)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseStream.write(ResponseStream.java:313)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpResponseStream.write(HttpResponseStre
am.java:183)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseStream.write(ResponseStream.java:287)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.notification.Notifier.notifyHTML(Notifier.java:
144)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.notification.Notifier.notify(Notifier.java:98)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.manageException(CocoonServlet.java:1
257)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1150)
    at
FilterChain.java:247)
    at
ain.java:193)
    at
va:256)
    at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at
va:191)
    at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
    at
)
    at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at
java:171)
    at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
    at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:577)
    at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at
:174)
    at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:577)
    at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at
1040)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1151
)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)