cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Timur Izhbulatov <...@yxo.ru>
Subject Re: Binding to xmldb
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 10:15:06 GMT
Upayavira писал(а): 

> Timur Izhbulatov wrote: 
> 
>> Timur Izhbulatov wrote: 
>> 
>>> Hi all! I use woody binding framework as shown in the corresponding 
>>> sample (cocoon 2.1.4) with an XML file and it works just fine. But when 
>>> I change the file URL to xmldb one my non-us (UTF-8 encoded) data are 
>>> getting corrupted. When I popultate the DB with the same data (as in 
>>> xmldb sample) it also works correctly. My sitemap entry looks as follow:
>>> ...
>>>   <map:match pattern="edit">
>>>      <map:call function="woody">
>>>        <map:parameter name="function" value="form2xml"/>
>>>      <map:parameter name="form-definition" 
>>> value="forms/form_model.xml"/>
>>>      <map:parameter name="documentURI"
>>>          value="data/1.xml"/>
>>>      <!-- <map:parameter name="documentURI"
>>>          value="xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/data/1"/> -->
>>>        <map:parameter name="bindingURI" value="forms/form_bind.xml"/>
>>>      </map:call>
>>>    </map:match>
>>> ... The form2xml function was totally borrowed from binding_example.js. 
>>> Should I rewrite my flow script or somehow configure the database 
>>> operation?
>>  
>> 
>> I changed the 
>> org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource.XMLDBOutputStream.cl 
>> ose () method:
>>       public void close() throws IOException, SourceException {
>>           if (!isClosed) {
>>               writeOutputStream(baos.toString("UTF-8"));
>>               baos.close();
>>               this.isClosed = true;
>>           }
>>       }
>> It used to use baos.toString() but this method uses system's default 
>> encoding (windows-1251 in my case) to translate bytes into characters 
>> (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/ByteArrayOutputStream.ht 
>> ml) .
> 
> It seems to me like something that should 
> be within the XMLDBSource. But the encoding needs to be configurable 
> somehow. If you can, feel free to supply a patch that makes it 
> configurable.

I agree with you. I think there should be a property in the XMLDBSource 
class that sets the encoding and the system's default encoding should still 
be used by default. 


Timur 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message