cocoon-users mailing list archives

From leon tian <tianyr2...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: apply css?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 21:45:19 GMT
Hi, thanks for the reply. But I wanna transform web pages from the internet dynamically which
means different css should be applied based on different web pages. How can I get the url
of each css automatically (like a web browser)?

Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> wrote:
On 17.05.2004 15:53, leon tian wrote:

> hi,
>
> is there any way to apply the css of the original web pages from the
> internet? after i transform web pages from the internet, most of the
> styles are lost because they are linked to a css file on the web
> site's server. should i try to download and apply them on my
> resulting pages and how?

It should be easy to forward the request to the CSS to the original
server in the same way as you get the HTML source.

Example:

where original index.html from www.remote.com has a reference to
css/main.css.

Joerg